Yellow Creek Fire Department
Dan Morton, Fire Chief
Kelvin Dutka, Deputy Fire Chief
The fire department operating out of the former Village of Yellow Creek is on a volunteer basis. The department also includes volunteer First Responders and has been able to maintain a minimum of 10 volunteers over the past 15+ years. The volunteers are local to the area, and we are proud of our response times to all emergencies.
Because the department is volunteer based, be sure you talk to your insurance provider to ensure you have coverage for this type of fire department.
Minimum call-out $1,000
Pumper Truck $350.00 per hour
Rescue Truck $250.00 per hour
Water Truck $250.00 per hour
Firefighter $35.00 per hour per firefighter
Municipal equipment such as Graders are charged at the current Custom Work rates.
The RM is in agreement with other municipalities to ensure adequate firefighting coverage to all residents and landowners.
Town of Kinistino to provide firefighting coverage to all of Division 5, including Barney's Bay Resort and Struthers Lake Regional Park.
Town of Birch Hills to provide firefighting coverage to all of Division 6.
RM of Hoodoo (Town of Wakaw) to provide firefighting coverage to the west half of Division 2, including the hamlet of Tway.
The Yellow Creek Fire Department provides additional firefighting coverage to the RM of Three Lakes.
In the event of an emergency, dial 9-1-1 and the operators will dispatch the appropriate emergency services.
Controlled Burns 1-866-404-4911
Sometimes you will need to burn grass, bush piles or stubble.
Please be sure you are well-prepared and that you have fire guards in place.
These "controlled burns" should also be reported to avoid dispatching firefighters unnecessarily.
1. Prior to starting a controlled burn, call 1-866-404-4911 (this number is answered 24/7 & 365 days/year). You'll be asked to provide the following information:
- What is your land location?
- What is your RM number? RM 430
- Who is your Fire Service Provider? Yellow Creek
- What are the location details?
- What are you burning?
- How long will your burn last?
- Your name and phone number.
2. Call 1-866-404-4911 to notify them once the burn is complete.
3. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not call in your burn and our Fire Department is dispatched by 911 you will be billed the minimum call-out fee above.