Posted Date: March 11, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
The RM is looking for qualified individual(s) who can fulfill the following duties. The RM recently employed one individual in a full-time year-round capacity, but is also open to utilizing multiple individuals in order to find the right fit. If you are interested in any or all of the below, please submit your resume!
Bylaw Enforcement Officer
General (Environmental/Safety Coordinator/Other)
Yellow Creek Water & Wastewater*
Crystal Springs Water & Wastewater*
*Water & Wastewater duties may be to conduct physical repairs, samples and overall water/wastewater quality management or may be supervision of sampling contractors; this will be dependent upon the applicants skills and abilities.
- Level 1 water treatment facility & water distribution system (potable) Yellow Creek
- Small wastewater treatment facility & wastewater collection facility (lagoon) Yellow Creek
- Raw water pumphouse with truck-fill station Borsa Well, 4 miles NE of Yellow Creek
- Water treatment facility & water distribution system (non-potable) Crystal Springs
- Small wastewater treatment facility & wastewater distribution system (lagoon) Crystal Springs
- Water softener system in R.M. Building in Crystal Springs
- R.M. Landfill located 4 miles south of Crystal Springs
- Emergency planning, includes acting as EMO Coordinator
- Environmental planning & management, includes preparation and management of Aquatic Habitat Protection Permits (WSA) and acting as the Weed Inspector
- Safety planning and management
- Enforcement of municipal bylaws, such as Nuisance Abatement, Zoning, Sewage Disposal, Building, Hay Cutting, Animal Control
- Grade 12 diploma
- Post-secondary education or work experience, in a related field(s) is deemed an asset
- Water & Wastewater Operator Certification (Level 1) or a willingness to complete, is deemed an asset
- Pesticide Applicators License, or a willingness to complete
- WHIMS 2015, Equipment Operator and/or Safety Certificates or willingness to complete
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Drivers License
- Professional attitude, strong communication skills and ability to work independently
Summer Student - Office Assistant
Canada Summer Jobs Program
Full Time: 35 hrs/week
Duration: 10 weeks
Expected Work Schedule: Mon to Fri 9:00 AM to 4:00PM
Educational Requirements: None
Work Experience Required: None
Valid Drivers License: Required
Job Duties: Provide support in all aspects of municipal administration, as directed by the Administrator and Assistant Administrator including but not limited to the following:
- General reception duties: answering phones, emails and walk-ins, relaying message, taking custom work orders, picking up and dropping off mail at the post office, general organization of office files and supplies, assisting with tax notice and any public notice mailings, etc
- Accounts receivable duties: processing payments and receipting, receipting, receipting! Assisting with deposits.
- Accounts payable duties: receiving and organizing invoices to be paid, preparing payment vouchers, mailing signed cheques
Hiring Preference: a local youth or person entering the workforce for the first time located in the surrounding rural community.
How to Apply: submit your resume by email or in person at the RM Office.
DEADLINE: May 25, 2022