Summer Student - General Labourer
Canada Summer Jobs Program
Full Time: 35 hrs/week
Duration: Summer 2021 (dates flexible)
Expected Work Schedule: Tues, Wed, Thurs 7am-5pm & Fri 7am-Noon (35hrs/week)
Educational Requirements: None
Work Experience Required: None
Valid Drivers License: Required
Job Duties: Reporting to the Foreman, duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Shop work (assisting with repairs, general cleaning, etc)
- Operating mower
- Sourcing required parts, tools and supplies
- Transporting operators to/from machinery
- Assisting operators with various duties relating to road maintenance and construction, including gravel crushing/hauling
- Assisting with water sampling or other similar duties
- Coordinating with office staff
- Communicating with ratepayers, staff, and members of the general public in a respectful and friendly manner
Hiring Preference: a local youth or person entering the workforce for the first time located in the surrounding rural community.
COVID-19 Precautions: the Employee will be expected to follow social distancing and enhanced hygiene rules in effect due to COVID-19. The RM as an employer is dedicated to the health and safety of the Employee during this work placement.
How to Apply: submit your resume by email or in person at the RM Office.
DEADLINE: JUNE 7, 2021 - 4:00pm